The following is the eligibility to be a candidate for a Daffodil Princess:
- A candidate must have be a senior – in regular high school attendance.
- A candidate must have at least a 3.2 Grade Point Average, cumulative for her high school career. (calculated through June of their junior year)
- Never have been married or may not marry during the current Festival year, ending September 30th.
- Never have given birth, nor shall become pregnant during the current Festival year, ending September 30th.
- Never have been found guilty of committing a felony.
- A candidate must attend at least three classes (or 50%) at the school that they are representing.
A Daffodil Princess is expected to participate in all activities as outlined by the Daffodil Festival.
Once selected as the school Princess, a candidate must be willing to serve as Festival Royalty during the remainder of the Festival year (September 30th) and must agree never to appear anywhere as “Festival Royalty” without the consent of the Daffodil Festival.
Once selected as the school Princess, she must agree not to enter any other beauty, popularity or like contest during the balance of the Festival year without the consent of the Daffodil Festival.
Any students involved in Running Start are eligible, but must attend at least three classes at the high school that they were selected to represent.